Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Malacca Matriculation College Memorial - Chin's Style

I'm going to start a memorial for my 2-term stay in Malacca Matriculation College(MMC) as a sort of Memorial here... yeahhh... It's kind of late but better late than let the memories flutter away right?
So here... ahem, I'm going to present to you in this post... yeah...for this post only, the pics of me and my friends on my first week in MMC~!

1stWeek

This was from my previous post, but it's basically a continuation I suppose.

A two week journal from Wei Chin at the Malacca Matriculation College.
The first few days for me here was a blur. It was a flurry of new information, places to remember, and new people to meet. Easy smiles, friendly acceptance among my mates and fun teachers. I can't wait to enjoy my new experience here in college.

Well... for starters, I haven't explored the College's Storerooms yet. Well... it can't be helped right? Hehe... well... anyway... Currently I'm living at the Block A5 of the Girl's Dorm, 4th Floor, Room 3, in other words, A5.4.3. As a plus, I'm lucky to be given the only wing and block with the best view.

11EverydayView

Yeah… it’s really chilly here at night with the sea breeze easily freezing my block and it’s inhabitants…LOL… Well… it’s usually only chilly during the night though… clothes here also dry usually fast! Approximately 2-3 hours under the sun and it’s warm for me to keep them in my cupboard!
Next, here goes the hall of display of my really cool roommates! Rehan, Nadia and Liyana! AND….LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! My really great classmate, Fanny Goh!

11Nadia

11Liyana

11Fanny

Reporting events on the 22 / 5 / 2010
Earlier this Friday, I had a homework from my English Teacher, Miss Adnin. The homework was really simple but difficult at the same time. The homework given to us was to say ‘yes’ to every question we were given and go for it (which includes the action of fulfilling the question). So, earlier this morning when my block A5 at the fourth floor mate informed me that she wasn’t able to make it out to Malacca with me and her course mate, she asked me to accompany her friend, ‘Xin Wen’ to Malacca Central. Let down by the sudden change in numbers, I was a little upset that I needed to spare more cash for the transportion fees and face the oncoming rainy day in Malacca alone.
As I hitched a ride to Malacca Central from a friend of hers, I got to know Xin Wen a little better and share some of my knowledge of obtaining tickets to Malacca Central from the ‘Koperasi’. Once we got there, we looked about us for any signs heading to the State Bus Terminal to bring about certain queries about fees, timing and places, I bought my ticket to Kuala Lumpur due to the shortage of buses to drop me off at Klang Central. Then both of us break our morning fast by having our meal at McDonalds!
Filled and a little happy with a full stomach we headed to the direction of Jusco situated outside the Bus Terminal. Looking up at the clouds that were as dark as night, I seemed doubtful about walking there on foot as it looked to be approximately a kilometre walk with a need to cross roads and the such. So, instead of saying ‘NO’ which was the dreaded letter work of Wallance, I suggested an alternative, taking a cab. Seated comfortably in the seats of the older edition of the ‘Proton Saga’ taxi, my friend asked me in Chinese whether I wanted to sightsee. So I said ‘YES’. Saying yes is a thing, but being a foreigner of Malacca, I was really just a lost kid wandering streets of Malacca if I were simply to walk on the streets of Malacca. So, I took it upon myself to ask the taxi driver where was the best place for us to go for a walk at this time. So he explained to us the nearest and ‘hit’ tourist attraction spot is Rumah Merah around here which cost us a total of RM 15 while the Jusco we were heading to cost us RM 10. So, at a whim, my friend and I took the ride to this ‘Rumah Merah’ he referred us to visit.
Once we reached the ‘Rumah Merah’ area, the rain poured heavily like cats and dogs. Unable to move about with the storm that was blowing its way outside, Xin Wen and I roamed the building we were dropped off at. This building mainly sold souvenirs at the ground level while it sold food on the first floor. Unwilling to purchase any of the souvenirs, I journeyed up the stairs to take a picture of an attraction site, the Samudera Museum Complex.

MShip

However, due to our early arrival and the weather that was unwelcoming, we were unable to immediately enter this Museum. Fortunately, every cloud has a silver lining, as the rain began to lighten, Xin Wen asked me whether I wanted to wander the streets of Malacca aimlessly to search for a site / museum to look at. So, I said the work ‘YES’ again! Journeying out of the Souvenir Shopping Area we were sheltering at, we were able to view a real ship known as the ‘TM Terengganu’ ship that was put up at the Royal Malaysian Sea Soldiers Museum (TLDN) which we viewed later during the evening and where Xin Wen took various pictures of ME!

11Ship

11Equip

11Wheel

As we wandered the streets of Malacca, we came upon the ruins of Kota A’ Famosa which was scattered around Malacca Heritage Site a.k.a. Rumah Merah. So, I posed ‘ahem’ very cool with the cannon.

11Canon

Then, we moved on to a big red building known as the Stadhuy’s Building to sightsee the historical artifacts found in Malacca. There, I asked the man about the Consession Ticket available that which only cost us RM 3 each to visit all the historical sites that required us to pay for tickets! I personally enjoyed my visit to the Stadhuy building and would recommend all to visit the place!

11Bird

11Ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment