Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Muse : Mannerisms

Yay, I’ve finally opened up a new blog~! Well, this shift is due to my need for a change of air, so yeah, hope you’ll enjoy the updates I’m going to have on this new blog.
__________________________________________________________

FIRST MUSE : Mannerisms

How often do we take this for granted? Well, for my first post on this new blog, hehe, I’m going to muse over this subject.
In this era, I believe most of us have forgo what etiquette is a requirement in the past. Maybe some may have deemed it wishful thinking, wasteful of their efforts or even worthless of them to even maintain a social etiquette which we, especially as Asians have inherited from our Ancestors. However, should this practice of ignorance towards normal etiquette be forgotten forever? Hopefully not, as I do know the difference it makes in my life when etiquette is practiced.

For example, when around strangers, smile. Yeah, simply smiling around strangers is an etiquette. Funny right? But in my opinion, it’s the most easiest manner to display good upbringing and the effect it has on others is phenomenal. For example, when you’re in the cafeteria, paying for your food, looking at food in wonder, or simply asking a teacher a question, smiling as you do so, ‘a-hem’ they’ll find it easier to approach you and interact with you. Well, in my case, with cafeteria staff, I receive ‘first priority’ when it comes to food in the cafeteria (hehehhe… I know it’s unfair but all is fair if I’m not the one making it unfair…mwahahhahahah and they charge me cheaper too) and any teacher finds me memorable (huhuhu… cause the rest of the students don’t smile). So smile, it’ll make a difference in your life.
Realizing a mistake that is in your part. Yes, I do have to address this topic differently so that the message is clearer. Basically, when the other party realizes you’ve made a mistake and it affects them, it pays to say sorry (even though your insurance covers comprehensively). Well, when they’ve detected it and you don’t say sorry and they’ve told you about your mistake, you can’t be going around swaggering with a smug smile on your face as if you’ve done nothing wrong. THAT in all circumstances is one the most DESPICABLE things you can do. Seriously, if your mistake is already mentioned, take it upon yourself to reflect on it as soon as possible and apologize appropriately so that the impact of your actions, well, emotionally to say the least is minimal on the other party.

Next step, method of saying “SORRY”. Most people find it really hard to say this word right but it’s really important, well at least in my opinion to know how to say it right. In any case, I receive this phrase only when I believe the person saying it has reflected on their mistakes. In any case, give a thought towards your actions, it makes a difference because the person at the receiving end of the “sorry” would be able to detect that you have reached a realization that ‘yeah, I did that wrong and I’ll try not to repeat it’. Otherwise, keep the “Sorrys’ “ to yourself. The phrase would be unworthy on your mouth. Do take note, don’t go dual tasking while saying sorry as it just shows “at least visually” the gravity of thought you had put into it which in my opinion is equivalent to zero.

Well, that's it I suppose. I believe that’s the end of my musings for mannerisms and etiquette for the day. Gosh, this post looks long on word. Mwhaahhahaha... Well, at least my heart feels a little lighter. Oh well, hope you've enjoyed the muse of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment