Friday, July 15, 2011

Muse: Sleeping on the Road

Have you ever encountered such a situation... when you just suddenly go "poof" and nap on the wheels?
Well... I do... not just once but at all stops when there's a long queue.
That's why, whenever it's raining heavily... a long queue... short stops... I really abhor them as I'm really afraid that I'd just suddenly nap behind the wheels.
It's really scary how involuntary it is and how it happens but this has happened not just once or twice... but almost each time I'm on the wheels... even if the music is blaring... even if I talk to myself... this scenario repeats.
It's scary, so scary that I shiver each time I wake up... reminded of the accident I had sleeping on the wheels on a rainy day on a bridge with heavy traffic.
So... how often have I realized?
Well... as a start, when I was returning home today, I've napped at every stop I made.
Luckily it was all on flat ground with the car's gear on neutral.
However, what if I'm on an inclined road? Like the day of the accident going downhill and I rammed into the car in front?
Well, I've had instances like that before too....
The difference was this time I'm going uphill.
The first time I accidentally napped, I recovered soon enough to step on the brakes... the second time, I reprimanded myself and luckily no car was behind, the third time, the hand brakes that I put on while neutral suddenly let out and fortunately it was a repeat of the second.

It's scary isn't it? But what am I to do? Maybe I should try to increase my blood pressure faster to see if these scenarios wouldn't happen again. After all, I was feeling alright before I drove the car in all situations... So what else can it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment