Thursday, July 28, 2011

Recipe: Carrot Cinnamon Muffin

Today... I've finished my last supply of Gardenia Wholegrain Bread...TT.TT
I love the bread cause it's just sooooooooooo soft and so effortless...
Just take it out of the plastic bag and plop it into the toaster for a min., while waiting for it to get toasted... use the Milo 3 in 1 sachet to make a cup of nice hot chocolate... then I hear the "ding" of my toaster and wa~lah~ nice crunchy toasted bread.... slather peanut butter on top of one slice... grab a bite... finish one slice... slather peanut butter on another slice...Mmmm~~ delicious

But then... but then... it would get boring just eating this same ritualistic bread right??? right???
Nah... but I needed to not put the other baking ingredients in the kitchen to waste...XD... So I baked another muffin out of the blue~

Carrot Cinnamon Muffin
1 1/2 large carrots (finely shredded)// 1 medium sized bowl // 1 cup
1 1/4 cups of wheat flour
1 cup of oats
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/4 tsp of fennel seeds
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 medium sized eggs
1 cup of milk
1 tbsp of baking powder
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of sugar

  1. Line muffin tin with baking paper. Preheat oven to 200C.
  2. Sift the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl. Stir in the oats and fennel seeds until it's evenly distributed.
  3. Whisk the egg, milk, oil, sugar and vanilla extract until it's well mixed in a separate bowl.
  4. Mix the carrots together with the dry ingredients (in hopes of it not sinking to the bottom of the muffin).
  5. Mix the dry to the wet mixture (in my case it's this way cause my wet mixture is in a bigger bowl to avoid spillage). Mix it up in about six to eight strokes.
  6. Using the 1/4 cup earlier, put mixture into the baking cups.
  7. (optional) Sprinkle sesame seed and oat on top of each muffin.
  8. Bake the muffin in the oven till you're satisfied that it is sufficiently cooked.
  9. The convection oven at home took longer than necessary... I'd put mine at 35 mins next time to see how it would be like but maybe yours would take a shorter time... at about 25-30 mins..
  10. The pics will be coming out later cause I just baked it.
Verdict... First and second time rebaked came out a little undercooked, but each time I ate it, it tasted great... SO... not bad for an amateur like me... Mwahhahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment