Friday, July 15, 2011

Muse: Listening to colours

How often have we listened?
By listening, I don't mean just the sound you hear and comprehend but also what you listen with your five senses. The sense of sight, smell, sound, touch and taste.

It seems most of us excel in terms of smell and taste as we have the utmost practice with food as our subject.
However, what of sight, touch and sound that we do everyday?
Is it not that with constant practice we would become proficient owners of our five senses?
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.
With constant use of it, most of us have taken our senses for granted.
Why else would a person walk further away when they see another being violent?
Why else would a person speak louder when another is speaking?
Why else would a person hit the other?

Is it because humanity has been lost? I'm not sure.
Is it because of one being stubborn? I'm not sure.
Is it because of one doing so in their aim of bringing peace? I'm not sure.

Since returning home, I'm horrified at how despicable people can be.
However a reality is a reality. Running away from reality would simply mean I'm living in a fantasy. But what good would living a fantasy be when a fantasy would just be temporary? After all, a lifetime isn't a temporary thing. It's a lifelong commitment. And how could temporary fit the bill?

I've lived my life, listening to others.
Directly or indirectly, I've done it so many times till I hate people conversing when I do work as I involuntary listen.
Movements, conversation, changes in scenery.
I love to listen to the changes and appreciate them.
That is why, I wouldn't need to travel all around the world to feel happy, I simply walk to feel happy.
A change in scenery, a change in air, a change in sound. The ripples, the music, the colours.
That's why I love shopping malls.
I can simply walk for hours at the grocery section and feel darn happy without spending a dime.
I know it's weird... that's why I only do it once or twice or thrice or quad times a month at the grocery section...XD
Okayx2... Often enough to make me feel guilty...
But it makes me incredibly happy to do those rounds (which lasts for 2-4 hours).
Seriously.
At least it's cheaper than going vacation at some secluded island and not remembering much from that vacation(which goes for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment