Thursday, July 28, 2011

Muse: Values

Just recently I've read an article from Calibre July 2011 issue, p.24, and I really loved the whole article about it because I do agree about the whole article.

Here's the website about what this article is entirely based on, The Foundation for a Better Life.

This foundation is really simple but really essential, I believe, in our everyday life because all of us tend to be forgetful that we are human and the other person is human and we need to continuously practice humanistic values to enjoy a better life. Mwhahahhaha... such a lengthy sentence but yeah... I love the billboard signs and posters.

And I strongly believe if we practice what we saw, it would produce a ripple effect.

For example,

Just smiling at an auntie passing by, greeting her regardless of who or what she is.
Response: Her depressed face lights up into a brilliant smile (you've just made it her day).

These are just one of the simple things I do at work everyday and it has not only made the receiver happy, it has made me happy.

All this just by being gracious and charitable with a smile. It's free!

Hence, check the URL out. We need reminders to be patient, to be inspired and to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment