Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yoghurt Cinnamon Muffins

Hesitant to waste all the good yoghurt that was due to be expired next week...
Yes... I basically tried to make a yoghurt muffin with all the leftover yogurt from my previous bran muffins (can't make bran muffins cause there were no more raisins at home...TT.TT)...
However, the only problem that arose is that there isn't any specific recipe for me to refer for such a recipe, so this time, I basically dumped what I liked ( a little ) to pop this recipe out.

Yogurt cinnamon muffins
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup soft brown sugar, a little on the excess side
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1-1/4 cup plain yogurt
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup of toasted pecans (chopped)
1/4 cup of toasted walnuts (chopped)

  1. Preheat the oven at 200C
  2. Sift together the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in the quick-cooking oats, pecans and walnuts. Ensure all of it is evenly distributed with each other.
  3. Whisk the eggs, soft brown sugar, vegetable oil, yogurt and milk in a separate bowl.
  4. Add in the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Then, with the flat spatula or something to stir with, go about making 12 strokes to the mixture to ensure that the dry is wet.
  5. Then, using the 1/3 measuring cup, scoop the batter into the muffin pan.
  6. Baked in oven for 25-30 minutes (I put mine at 27 mins. and the top was going golden to a little golden brown for some... lol) and check with the toothpick test. Cool in pan for a few mins. then move the muffins onto a wire rack till it cools.
  7. Take a picture of the muffins.
My honest opinion about these muffins??
Mwahahhahaha... To tell the truth... I was basically so hooked on them I couldn't part with them at all... I just felt like eating them continuously after getting used to the yogurt taste...
They are addictive... Seriously... I couldn't separate myself from the muffins... They are addictive... Yes... so very addictive... I'll probably add another 1/4 cup of flour next time... cause I don't know why... but cooked, the muffins don't come apart from the muffin cups easily...hmm...and maybe more cinnamon because I barely tasted the cinnamon... 1tbsp next time... mwahahhahahaha... IT sounds crazy but I should test it out next time and see if it makes a difference, yeah?

3 comments: