Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks

Yesterday, I've finally tried out ...
Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks XXL Crispy Chicken

According to the advertisement for the said product,
A large, tender and succulent piece of bone-in chicken breast, painstakingly marinated to perfection, coated with imported flour and fried to a golden crisp. A special blend of oriental spices is sprinkled on top of the crust, and the chicken is served uncut for maximum goodness. The XXL Crispy Chicken is best
eaten while hot.

Basically, at first, I thought it tasted alright... not bad but not that good at a pricey RM 6.50.
However, the more I ate it the more sick I felt eating it (towards the end). Other than that, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I think they're being very stingy with the meat (it's so little) if you would actually notice. The coating is thick. The chicken fat is thick but the chicken itself is so little.

It is filling to just eat one of that (I practically forced myself to chomp the whole thing down).

Well, in terms of recommending this snack, I'd say N-O. It is a sin to recommend something that I won't eat again.

However, yes.... there is a silver lining to this company...
I loved the Handmade Oyster Mee Sua.

Well, the taste needs you to be accustomed to it. and Since I AM quite a foodie, yes... the last time I ate it in Malacca, I really ate the whole thing down. Nice~! They were generous with everything and if I remember correctly, I almost licked my bowl clean. Yes, it's that good. So yeah, I'd go there for the funny Handmade Oyster Mee Sua and not the XXL Crispy Chicken next time... mwahahhahahha

No comments:

Post a Comment