Saturday, May 28, 2011

Simply Perfect Pancakes from King Arthur Flour

I also tried another recipe yesterday from King Arthur Flour,
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/simply-perfect-pancakes-recipe

It tasted and looked like a regular pancake compared to my previous attempt from RasaMalaysia.com. So, I think I'll keep this recipe for pancakes in the future!

Ingredients
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
I did a few changes, like substituting 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour with 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp quick-cooking oats blended in the blender and adding a grated apple into the mixture to keep it moist longer.

My younger sister prefers an eggier pancake so maybe I'll add an extra egg for her next time when I have honey for it to go along with her pancake. I on the other hand suggest eating it when it's just hot right off the stove to really enjoy it or microwave it before eating.
Directions
  1. Whisk the eggs and milk until light and foamy. Then stir in the vegetable oil.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk the flours, salt, baking powder and sugar.
  3. Then, quickly mix the wet and the dry mixture together evenly and let it sit for approximately 15 minutes (the batter will thicken).
  4. Then, if you're poor like me and can't find a cooking spray, use a kitchen towel, dip it in oil and oil a sizzling frying pan (sufficiently hot to start cooking the pancakes).
  5. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and wait till you see lots of bubbles popping on the surface of the batter. Flip it now!
  6. Then, just wait awhile, check the other side to see if it's golden brown (or cooked pancake look), then voila! into the stomach it goes! (Basically, you only turn the pancakes over only once to get the cool pancake look)
This recipe is really simple, takes awhile to cook up with so stop wasting your money buying those pancake mixes in the stores... you can just donate the money to a poor unfortunate soul (like me). hehe...and this pancake is a wholegrain breakfast with the oatmeal in it... LOL... try it out if you're craving for the English pancake...

I ate my pancake with my tomato jam I previously posted about and it is, without doubt, DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

  1. hahhahaa... okay... when I know where Shirley left her camera...

    ReplyDelete