Saturday, May 21, 2011

Carrot Raisin Bread

I've tried this recipe last week but due to my sister's camera which was out of battery the last time, I didn't post about it, hehe... but have no fear!!! I AM BACK! with my sister's camera!

So, I still referred to Eclectic Recipes for this but with just some alterations with the ingredients~
Carrot Raisin Bread
Carrot Raisin Bread 1
Carrot Raisin Bread 2
Ingredients
1 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots (I just used about 1 medium sized bowl that looked kind of full)
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (I hope I used this amount because I accidentally sifted it with the flour so it didn't go in well, so I just presumed I readded it into flour with approximately the same amount...hehe... cause I didn't use a measuring spoon...hehe)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg (AA the biggest one in the market)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup raisins (1/4 cup golden, 1/4 cup black)
2 tsp cinnamon (I used more than 2 tsp since mine is expired so it's less effective)
1/2 tsp nutmeg (same as the cinnamon)
1/2 cup of toasted seed (1/4 cup melon, 1/4 cup pumpkin)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
  2. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
  3. Toast the seeds in a frying pan. Just stir it with a wooden spatula like I did with no oil.
  4. Grate carrot and add to large mixing bowl. Add sugar, molasses, salt, eggs, and oil. Mix very well.
  5. Then stir together the dry mixture (2) and wet mixture (4) together until just combined. Just try to get almost all of the flour wet with the mixture in my case.
  6. Then stir in raisins and toasted seeds. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and try to keep the batter even in the pan.
  7. Bake in an oiled loaf pan for 50-60 minutes, or until bread passes the toothpick test(mine was done in 50 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment