Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Science and Arts Museum, Marina Bay

The thing that I love most about Singapore is their public transport. It's really efficient and effective, if and only if, you know how to use it. So, on my first day in Singapore, we left my grandma's apartment a little too early got charged by ERP (before 9.30 by just 4 minutes) and parked in a hospital whereby we had decided on taking public transport particularly the bus to Marina. Unfortunately, the bus that my sister was looking forward to was not available on that day... haha... so we waited for approximately 30 minutes before figuring that out! LOL... cause she finally took out her bus directory to check the bus operation hours. Therefore, though we passed by ims2square twice where there's an MRT when we were on the way to use the bus, we took it after 1 hours and 30 minutes our estimated time for using the public transport. haha... It was really funny as we saw so many of the same bus no. passing by before leaving the bus stop and boarding the MRT which we passed by earlier to top-up my sister's ES2Link card. LOL. Lesson learned, after 15 minutes check for the operation hours of the bus you are planning to board instead of shaking your leg at the bus stop. LOL

So... where did I go first after boarding MRT? I visited the Esplanade!! The Esplanade is abuilding that supposedly looks like a durian. Below is the real thing followed by one I took with the model.



Inside there is nothing much but perhaps it's building design is what distinguishes the rest... And... me! After all, I am someone able to float / balance on water... haha


It's basically free of charge to go to these places... BUT I didn't come all the way to Marina Bay Sands for just... this. Mwahhahahahaha... Non non... IT IS for none other than Harry Potter!

However, there is a restriction to my camera... huhu... TT>TT


So, no more pictures of me being there in the Science and Arts Museum in Singapore to attend Harry Potter's Exhibition in Marina Bay Sands. Entrance fee wasn't that bad... just $24, but since we looked like poor kids, the receptionist told us there's a promotion event done by Coca-Cola that is willing to sponsor our tickets for Harry Potter and Andy Warhol if we purchase half a dozen cans which also costs $24. LOL. So imagine me any my sister lugging 6 cans of coke each everywhere till we went back home!

 

Notice the bag? Since I'm really such a loser that is not willing to giveaway my coke after paying $4 for each... not in RM but in $, yes... it hurts when you know you've spent so much on one coke when you can afford a whole meal back in Malaysia which includes one can of coke so... yeah... I lugged it everywhere until I got back home... haha... Oh well, I spent the first half of my day in there...I'm kind of regretting that I didn't get a set of wands... it'll be a nice set for display. Really beautifully carved wood but the price nearly chopped my head off so no...TT.TT... huhu... I'll post soon to update on the second half of the day spent there cause I need to work tomorrow. XD




No comments:

Post a Comment