Saturday, July 28, 2012

Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands

Referring to my previous post, since I was already in Marina Bay Sands, so... I CAN"T just NOT visit Gardens by the Bay, right? It just opened and if I don't go, I believe, I probably won't until the far future. So... from the Science & Arts Museum, my sister and me walked to Gardens by the Bay.

If you're wondering what the heck is Gardens by the Bay, that's the official homepage for it.

There's basically the free of charge garden and the garden that you'll need to pay for.
So... first, I'll share a little about the FOC garden.... XD

I believe the FOC garden is a good place for joggers/ cyclist to have a good workout. Maybe even walkers. It has sufficient greenery and the gardens are themed. The one seen above is an Indian themed Garden. If I recall correctly, all the Asian themes and a few others on the way. But it's not really that spectacular.

What about the mushrooms/umbrella you saw above? Hehe... that's the OCBC skyway.
Looks great right? There's actually a sky bridge connecting these mushrooms but I didn't fork out the $5 to walk since it was actually rather cloudy then. Fortunately too... since the one I paid for later covered for it... So... my sister and I hurried to the Gardens that were covered, the Conservatories that cost me $28.

The first conservatory I visited was the flower dome. Like it's name sake, there are tonnes and tonnes of flowers everywhere...  Well... not just flowers but cactus too and olive trees and all the weird trees that you've either never noticed the name or just never seen before. There's also the Western gardens put up here. 
So what's my verdict about the Flower Garden? It's good if you want to teach your kids to be a herbalist, expose them to plants they've never seen before, or maybe a good place for a garden designer to be inspired by the various plants there. Well, also maybe for those who love to appreciate flowers and greens, this is the place to be. So what about the next conservatory? KaBoom! that is the BOM man... it's so worth it to be amazed there!

I 


It is simply beyond words. I can't begin to describe this complex structure and how the heck it works but the people who built it are geniuses. Basically you can go right to the top and come all the way down. It's a really nice adventure in the garden. The waterfall (right, it falls from the lost world; the peak of the whole mountain of rock you saw me hugging (virtually at least)) is just an amazement that I still can't begin to describe it in words. So... go for it if you have the chance. Besides that, you being at Cloud Forest also gets you  the OCBC skyway view therefore  I thought it would be a waste of money to go for it. But if you still want to do it, go AHEAD. I'm happy enough with the Cloud Forest! XD



No comments:

Post a Comment