Saturday, May 25, 2013

Experience: Fitness First Menara Axis

On the 22nd of May 2013, Chris invited me to join her for a cycling class in her gym at  Fitness First Menara Axis. That being said, none of us was able to wake up early enough so we ditched the class and at least I; XD played with the equipment.

So, how was it?

Honestly, I have entered a commercialized gym, a club gym, a school gym, apartment gym and even a home gym and I have got to say, commercialized gym makes exercising feel luxurious and compact.

Upon entering the gym, I found it to be really cool since they require a card for access and locker. Then when I walked into the dressing room, it was even more cool since I noticed that there were changing rooms in between the lockers! Really sweet!

So, the first thing I did with Chris and Viv was jog on the treadmill. Well...
I have to say, maybe it's because my mum bought a really good treadmill or I'm a dummie with theirs because I found it difficult to configure the speed. ( I didn't mind my previous apartment's gym cause I really played with it and knew how to configure it fast). It's really tiring to press the speed button while I'm jogging. That being said, I thought that the treadmills were stable and strong enough to withstand the body weight of the runner.

Other than that, if I'm not wrong, it's possible to watch the TV while jogging but I did not bring my earphones (to hear the audio), so I've got no comment regarding this facility. LOL. That being said, I only think it's reasonable to watch TV while jogging if you're not really intent on pushing yourself because you wouldn't even be able to concentrate at what they're saying if you're not. XP I did 1 set of 8 mins. with Chris and Viv, and anor set of 8 mins. just with Viv.

After trying out the treadmills, we found Chris doing crunches! OMG!! Crunches/ Sit ups, I'm not sure what to call it is but since I've done crunches on the mat before, I found the equip. facilitated the proper posture to do them. She was doing normal crunches, side crunches, and even raised lug crunches. Really cool.

Then she played with some of the upper body equipment and guided me along the way. OMG. Chris was so cool, just like a personal trainer!

Then, we chilled a bit; at this point I tried their Sauna and Steam Room. I didn't really like the Steam Room because I thought there wasn't enough Steam (due to the door not being able to shut properly) but I did love the Sauna. Very invigorating.

Oh well, my personal view of a commercialized gym?

Motivation
I found it really lively when people were motivating each other in the gym but other than that, slightly intimidating when I think of all the treadmills being used at the same time. Reminds me of a hamster with a wheel in cage. LOL and all it does is run in the wheel when it feels like it.

That being said, I think it's good to join one if you're interested in joining the gym classes because the atmosphere to exercise would really motivate each participant to really push themselves. =) AND if you're joining a gym class, you'd get to learn different fun ways of exercising. Sweet, no?

Relaxation
I liked the fact that they had a sauna and steam room, really nice shower rooms, and a really nice hairdryer. LOL. It's been ages since I hair dried my hair with a hair dryer because of the paranoia that I'd disturb my roommates (because it does disturb me) and I truly loved their pro hair dryer. XP

Refreshments
I didn't try their drinks but they did provide refreshments. =) Good tactic. LOL. But they really could up their refreshments by labelling the amount of calories for each cup so the patron drinking high calorie drinks is able to ensure that they stay on track with their fitness goals (and to reduce restocking that drink station). 

Overall, I do see myself going to one in the future since I hate traffic jams and I'd rather be exercising than being stuck in one for the whole period. LOL. AND because of the operating hours; rather long... poor staff., but good news for me, XD.

Thanks Chris and Viv!

No comments:

Post a Comment