Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cameron Highlands 21-23092012

It's been so long since anybody has heard from me, no?
Well... Hopefully, this will be the missing link from where I've stopped!

Basically, on the 21st of September, I went up to Cameron Highlands and ate lots and lots of sweet potatoes and corn!! XD my mouth looked like D cause I was stuffing so many mushrooms... potatoes and corn into my mouth...=) So here's the gist of it.

I went to two tea plantations...
Cameron Valley and Boh Tea Plantation
So... what's the difference?
Cameron Valley is a smaller tea plantation, has a shorter hike, no jam and o-k food. While at Boh Tea Plantation, their refreshments are horrible.

NEVER go to Boh Tea Plantation to eat their cakes. It taste as if it's not cooked AND their hot chocolate is watery, that being said, if it's cheap; I'll forgive BUT it's charged at premium prices, so watch your pockets when you're here.

SO... which is really worth it?
There are basically two sides of a coin on this matter.


This picture is of me at the highest peak you can climb at Cameron Valley Tea Plantation. The most you'd get is this view, which is rather refreshing but the climb up there is rather dangerous. So, if you're having weak legs (unable to climb steep slopes), have someone that's rather stable to support you.


The above is me at Boh Tea Plantation. In terms of view, my bet would be Boh Tea Plantation. Besides that,  the steps to climb are safer (from the car park) and you'll reach the peak where they've put their tourist rest spot // refreshment area.


The view at Boh Tea is great but do consider how you intend to get there. If you're not so well versed with your car, PLEASE do not be a super-hero and think you'd be able to drive there because there are many blind spots (sharp turnings on a hill to get there) and the bus drivers there really test the boundaries that the small road can hold them before falling off the cliff. So, proceed to Boh Tea Plantation with caution if you're planning to bring your car. Ensure your driving skills are on a sufficient level.

So... were Tea Plantations the only places I gone to while at Cameron?... Definitely... NOT... LOL... I also went to the  Ee Feng Gu Honey Bee Farm (near the Kea Farm area) for the first time (even though I'm Malaysian). XD

You get to be super close to the bees... Mwahhahahah... and it's free... of course... considering the risk you'd be in when you disturb them! LOL, anyway... back to the point, there's lots of flowers there for the bees to feed on. Various flowers, and I strongly encourage you to only buy your honey from the bee farm cause it's really genuine local honey for just MYR 45.00 for a litre. I wish I bought some but ... I don't drink honey... so yeah... I didn't buy any. TT.TT

Oh well... this is just the short highlights of my trip, but there'll be more details later!

No comments:

Post a Comment